Change who can comment in WordPress
Within WordPress you can specify who can comment on your posts and pages. Doing so can help prevent comment spam.
- Log in to WordPress
- Go to Settings > Discussion
- Locate the Other comment settings section
- Check or uncheck the box next to the line that says:
- Comment author must fill out name and email
- Users must be registered and logged in to comment
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click Save Changes.
- Return to Preventing WordPress comment spam.
- For more information about our premium support for WordPress, please visit our WP Premium Support Catalog.