Change the header in WordPress
You can manually make changes to the PHP code in the header of your WordPress site. This enables you to change more than just the text that appears at the top of your pages. If you need assistance with this, one of our experts may be able to do it for you for a fee.
- Before making any changes to a WordPress theme, add a child theme.
- Connect to your site with FTP.
- Navigate to the /wp-content/themes directory.
- Open the directory containing the theme you wish to work with.
- Locate the header.php file.
- Copy the file to the appropriate child theme directory.
- Edit and update the header.php file in the child theme directory.
Changes made to the header.php file located in the child theme directory will take precedence immediately over the original header.php.
- Using Page Builder in WordPress
- Customize a theme in WordPress
- For more information about our premium support for WordPress, please visit our WP Premium Support Catalog.