Delete DNS records
Delete a DNS record from your domain that's no longer needed. Deleting records will completely remove them from your zone file. Changes to your DNS may interrupt how your domain works, such as your email and website.
- Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select your domain to access the Domain Settings page.
- Select Manage DNS under Additional Settings.
- Select Delete next to the record you're removing. Delete multiple records at a time by selecting the check boxes, then select Delete.
Note: Can't edit the record? Check these settings or products:
• Do you own Search Engine Visibility? Our GoDaddy Guides to help delete the record.
• Is forwarding enabled on the domain? Delete forwarding to enable deleting the record.
• Is the domain connected to a 3rd-party site (e.g., Squarespace or LinkedIn)? Visit that site to disconnect it, or remove the connection to enable deleting the record.
• Is a firewall turned on in Website Security? Edit your IP address to the correct IP for your hosting account.
- Confirm deletion by selecting Remove in the new window.
Your record will delete from your zone file immediately. Most DNS updates take effect within an hour, but could take up to 48 hours to update globally.
- Ready to build your own website? Take a look at our do-it-yourself Websites + Marketing features.