About .gs Domains
Council of County Code Administrators, CoCCA is the sponsor and Key Systems is our backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .gs extension that represents South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands.
Who can register .gs domains?
Anyone can register .gs domain names.
When registering a .gs domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 1 - 63 Characters
- Can use: Letters: a-z, Numbers: 0-9, Hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special Characters (e.g.,& and #)
- IDNs: Not supported
Activating .gs Domain Names at Registration
At registration, the administrative and registrant contacts will receive two emails: a welcome message and an activation email.
The activation email has a link that one of the contacts must click on within 21 days to accept the TLD Registrant Agreement and AUP policy and confirm the domain name contact information.
The new .gs domain name will not be activated and will remain in "processing" for 21 days, until confirmed by clicking on the link. If not activated within 21 days, the domain name will be suspended, then deleted and refunded.
- Registration length: 1 - 5 years
- Renewal length: 1 - 5 years
- Your .gs domain name renews before its expiration date. The renewal date depends on whether the domain name is auto-renewed or renewed manually. Auto-renewal is attempted on the first day of the month prior to the domain name's expiration date. If the renewal attempt fails, we re-attempt renewal on the 10th of the month and again on the 20th of the month.
- If we cannot auto-renew the domain name and you do not manually renew it by the 20th of the month prior to the expiration date, it must be redeemed. There might be a fee for the redemption. See Renew my expired GoDaddy domain for instructions on the redemption.
- For example: Your .gs domain name expires on October 10. If your domain name does not renew automatically, you can renew it manually by September 20. For automatic renewals, we attempt to renew the domain name on September 1, September 10, and September 20.
- On renewal or change or registrant, the administrative and registrant contacts will receive two emails: a welcome message and an activation email.
The activation email has a link that one of the contacts must click on within 21 days to accept the AUP policy and confirm the domain name contact information.
- If the domain name is not activated within 21 days, the domain name will be suspended and forwarded to a parked page until it has been confirmed by clicking on the link.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- There will be no extension to the domain expriation date but there is a fee to process a transfer equal to the cost of registration. Renewals on transfers in are not supported. If a domain has expired at the time a registrant intiates a transfer, the registrant must renew the domain at the current registrar prior to starting the transfer.
- To start the process please reach out to our GoDaddy Guides for help.
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- When the domain name is moved, the registrant first name, last name, and company name cannot be changed.
- Basic privacy protection: Not supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Not supported
- Cash Parking: Supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- To update the registrant, on a .gs domain, contact our GoDaddy Guides for assistance.
- Must use: 2-4 Nameservers
- Can use: IPv4
- Cannot use: IPv6, DNSSEC
For details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms > Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.
To cancel your .gs domain, contact our GoDaddy Guides for assistance.