Why do I get an error when I try to use the Migration Manager in Parallels Plesk Panel?
Before you try to migrate content, verify that the account on the server you're migrating from is a "sudo" account. Otherwise, you will get an error like this one when you try to migrate:
Failed to execute scout.
The return code is 1
The output on STDERR is
Sorry, user Username is not allowed to execute '/usr/bin/perl' as root on ip-68-178-230-109.ip.secureserver.net.
To Add an Account to the "sudo" File on a Parallels Plesk Panel Server
- In your browser, log in to Parallels Plesk Panel (on your previous server) and verify that the user you want to use to transfer content has SSH access.
- Connect to your server via SSH (more info).
- Switch to the root user (more info).
- Once you have root access, type
visudoto open the sudo file you need to edit.
Note: Do not edit this file using the standard vi editor. Use
- In the User Privilege section, add the following line, where "USER" is the user ID you created in Parallels Plesk Panel:
USER ALL=(ALL) ALL
- Type :wq to close visudo.
After you add your account to the sudo file on the server you are transferring content from, you can connect to your new server and use the Migration Manager to transfer your content.