Record my steps on Windows
When you contact our 24/7 Support team, we might ask you to provide a recording of steps to duplicate your problem to help us resolve your issue.
You can use the Steps Recorder application on your Windows PC to create a recoding.
- From the Start menu, select Windows Accessories | Steps Recorder in Windows 10 or Accessories | Problem Steps Recorder in Windows 7 - 8.1.
- Click on Start Record.
- Duplicate the steps to the problem you're trying to troubleshoot. You can pause and resume the recording at any time.
Note: Optionally, as you record you can select Add Comment to select a part of the screen to make a comment on. Once you're done with the comment, select OK
- When you finish recording the steps, select Stop Record.
- Review the recording to be sure your steps were captured properly. If not, repeat steps 2-4 until you're satisfied with the results.
- Once you're satisfied with the recording, select Save.
- Name the .zip file and select where you want to save it.