Copying Zone File Records from One Domain Name to Another
Using the Zone File Editor in the DNS Manager, you can copy zone file records from one domain name to another. You can select single or multiple records to copy, and then you can add them to one or multiple domain names.
To Copy Zone File Records from One Domain Name to Another
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Next to Domains, click Manage.
- Click the domain you want to use, and then select the DNS Zone File tab.
- Select the records you want to copy.
- From Bulk Actions, select Copy.
- Do one or more of the following:
- Basic — Go to this tab, and then select the domain names you want to copy records to.
- Advanced — Go to this tab, and then enter the domain names (one per line) you want to copy the records to.
- Import — Go to this tab, and then click Browse to select the file containing the list of domains you want to copy records to.
- To allow duplicate copies of records, select Allow duplicate records.
Note: By allowing duplicates, you can keep multiple MX, TXT, and SRV records for your domain name. If you don't allow duplicates, the records you're copying will replace any existing MX, TXT, or SRV records.
- Click Copy Records.