Change PHP Settings
If the default settings for your hosting account do not meet the requirements of your website or application, you can follow these steps to change your PHP settings.
- You should always backup your site before making any changes to your site.
- Connect to your hosting with FTP.
- Locate your .ini file.
- Edit the file (cPanel / Plesk / Web & Classic / Managed WordPress / VPS)
Example php.ini file:
memory_limit=128M max_input_vars=2000 upload_max_filesize=64M post_max_size=64M max_execution_time=120
- Take the necessary steps for the changes to take effect.
- Use a phpinfo file to confirm the changes are complete.
- If you're unsure what your default settings are, review PHP upload limits on shared hosting
- For more information about our premium support for WordPress, please visit our WP Premium Support Catalog.