Accessing the Cisco ASA 5505 Firewall Device Manager
From the device manager of your firewall you can control your Cisco firewall.
To Access the Cisco ASA Device Manager
- In a Web browser, navigate to: https://[your firewall management IP address] (You might receive a number of security certificate warnings. If you accept the certs and save them as Trusted, you will avoid warnings in the future).
Note: Depending on which Cisco ASDM version you have installed, several options might display. If so, click Run ASDM Applet.
- When prompted, leave the User name blank, and enter the firewall password. Click OK. You will be prompted to login twice.
Note: Your browser must have Java enabled and allow pop-ups from your firewall management IP.
- The following windows will be launched:
- A browser window responsible for a portion of the Device Manager's functionality. This window must remain open.
- An application window containing the Cisco ASA Device Manager. Use this to manage your Cisco firewall.